To honor a local CTA officer or member for exceptional service and commitment, outstanding leadership and mentoring, and a unique ability for leading local efforts, as evidenced by a specific accomplishment.
Nominee must be a current active-level TCTA member, with at least one year of membership.
The TCTA Executive Board will consider the following criteria in selecting the award winner:
- Unique ability for leading local efforts, as evidenced by a specific accomplishment (i.e., addressing an issue with the school board or superintendent, coordinating a group grievance, or organizing a grassroots effort)
- Exceptional service and commitment
- Outstanding mentoring and leadership
- Each CTA may submit one nominee in this category. Nominee must be selected through a CTA election or other democratic process (e.g., ballots made available to all members, a vote at a publicized meeting, etc.). Nominations also may be submitted by a TCTA member-at-large in areas where there is not a TCTA local affiliate.
- Nomination materials addressing “Criteria” requirements cannot be written by the nominee.
- Nominations may be submitted to TCTA headquarters using the online nomination form below. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- Nomination must be RECEIVED by May 1, 2022.
- Nomination form must be submitted by the CTA president, or a member-at-large in districts in which there is no TCTA local affiliate.
Nominations are evaluated and the winner selected by members of the TCTA Executive Board. Nominee names, school districts and CTA affiliations (if any) will be redacted to ensure a fair and impartial judging process.
The TCTA Leader of the Year receives a paid annual membership for the 2022-23 school year and an engraved award. The winner will be recognized in TCTA statewide publications and on the TCTA website, and the award will be presented in a local ceremony.
Fill out and submit the form below to nominate a TCTA member for 2021-22 Leader of the Year.