To honor, upon retirement, exceptional TCTA members who have given outstanding service to education, students, the community and their professional association during their teaching career.
- Nominee must be a retired TCTA member whose retirement became effective between Sept. 1, 2020, and Aug. 31, 2021.
- Nominee must have been a member of TCTA for at least five years prior to retirement.
- Nominee must currently be a member of TCTA.
- Nominee must not be working in an educational setting or teaching full time again, including through a “retire/rehire” program; periodic substitute teaching is permissible.
The TCTA Executive Board will consider the following criteria in selecting the award winner:
- Outstanding contributions to education.
- Total years of service to education.
- Service to the CTA local affiliate and TCTA.
- Each CTA may submit one nominee in this category. Nominee must be selected through a CTA election or other democratic process (e.g., ballots made available to all members, a vote at a publicized meeting, etc.). Nominations also may be submitted by a TCTA member-at-large in areas where there is not a TCTA local affiliate.
- Nomination materials addressing “Criteria” requirements cannot be written by the nominee.
- Nominations may be submitted to TCTA headquarters using the online nomination form below. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- Nomination must be RECEIVED by May 1, 2022.
- Nomination form must be submitted by the CTA president, or a member-at-large in districts in which there is no TCTA local affiliate.
Nominations are evaluated and the winner selected by members of the TCTA Executive Board. Nominee names, school districts and CTA affiliations (if any) will be redacted to ensure a fair and impartial judging process.
The TCTA Retiree of the Year receives a paid annual membership for the 2022-23 school year and an engraved award. The winner will be recognized in TCTA statewide publications and on the TCTA website, and the award will be presented in a local ceremony.
Fill out and submit the form below to nominate a TCTA member for 2021-22 Retiree of the Year.