- To honor outstanding school administrators in Texas.
- To project a clear image of what classroom teachers feel exemplifies an outstanding administrator.
- To promote communication and understanding between TCTA members and administration.
- Nominee must be classified by his/her district as an administrator — either at the elementary/middle/secondary level or in the central office.
- Nominee must currently be employed in a public school district in Texas, and there must be a TCTA member in that district.
- Nominee must have served in an administrative position in Texas public schools for the past three consecutive years (does NOT have to be in the same position or even the same district).
- Former nominees may be re-nominated; however, past recipients of the award are not eligible for nomination.
The TCTA Executive Board will consider the following criteria in selecting the award winner:
- Total years of service to education.
- How the nominee solicits/respects the views of educators, and the quality of his/her interactions with faculty.
- Instructional leadership.
- Support of professional activities and local professional associations.
- Support of and involvement with parents and the community.
- Each CTA may submit one nominee in this category. Nominee must be selected through a CTA election or other democratic process (e.g., ballots made available to all members, a vote at a publicized meeting, etc.). Nominations also may be submitted by a TCTA member-at-large in areas where there is not a TCTA local affiliate.
- Nomination materials addressing “Criteria” requirements cannot be written by the nominee.
- Nominations may be submitted to TCTA headquarters using the online nomination form below. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- Nomination must be RECEIVED by May 1, 2022.
- Nomination form must be submitted by the CTA president, or a member-at-large in districts in which there is no TCTA local affiliate.
Nominations are evaluated and the winner selected by members of the TCTA Executive Board. Nominee names, school districts and CTA affiliations (if any) will be redacted to ensure a fair and impartial judging process.
The TCTA Administrator of the Year receives an engraved award. The winner will be recognized in TCTA statewide publications and on the TCTA website, and the award will be presented in a local ceremony.
Fill out and submit the form below to nominate a TCTA member for 2021-22 Administrator of the Year.