As of Tuesday, Aug. 10, the following education-related bills were moving in the Senate:
- SB 7, the 13th check legislation, passed out of the Senate Finance Committee Saturday and passed the full Senate Monday.
- SB 9, requiring instruction and policies relating to the prevention of child abuse and family and dating violence, passed out of the Senate Jurisprudence Committee Saturday and passed the full Senate Tuesday.
- SB 2, requiring students to participate in UIL athletics based on the sex denoted on their birth certificate, passed out of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee Saturday and was considered by the full Senate Tuesday. It passed on its initial vote and is scheduled for a final vote Wednesday.
- SB 15, governing how districts can provide limited virtual instruction and receive full state funding, passed out of the Senate Education Committee Tuesday.
- SB 3, the so-called “critical race theory” bill, passed out of the Senate State Affairs Committee Tuesday.